The Top 6 Reasons LG Dryer Electric (Gas) will Make Noise and What to Troubleshoot or Check First Are:
1. Drum Rollers and Axles – replace as a set
2. Front Drum Glides – making grinding noise
3. Idler Pulley – making squeaking noise
4. Blower Wheel – make sure it is not clogged or stripped
5. Drive Belt – if frayed will make bumping noise
6. Drive Motor – if bearings are defective will make squealing noise
The Top 6 Reasons on what to troubleshoot or check first will apply to almost all dryers such as; Samsung, Frigidaire, GE, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Roper, Maytag and many other models. Dryer not heating was a defective
heating element and thermostats. And as you can see in the video, this dryer needed a major cleanout. Ensure you check your air flow and venting outside at least once a month.
If not, this could cause a fire.